Thursday, May 3, 2012

They Didn't Lose!

Mood: Cautiously optimistic
State of Mind: Umm, yay for not losing?


WooHoo!!  They didn't lose! Start the parade plans now! What, too soon? OK, if not the parade then obviously we need to plan the V-Cup presentation ceremony...No? Still too soon?  Did I mention that they didn't lose? And what about that amazing clean sheet? *crickets* 


Due to work commitments I was unable to actually watch last night's match with the exception of a few snippets on an online stream.  Apparently I caught the highlights (such as they were) on my brief forays into the office to see if anything exciting had occurred. 


Highlight #1: Reggie Lambe clearing Shavar Thomas's header off the line (of course from a set piece) after Kocic couldn't clear himself enough space.
Highlight #2: The substitution gaffe that saw the sub board call for just about every player on TFC to be subbed out for Luis Silva, including Silva himself. It was hilarious - really, I cannot make this stuff up.
Highlight #3: Sanna Nyassi's goal being called offside.


After watching the Game In 6 (which could be used for insomniacs, as apparently could the game itself) all I can say is that if playing to a draw was the goal then mission accomplished. From all accounts it was an ugly performance and the 0-0 scoreline does not speak to some new defensive prowess by our Reds.  And obviously doesn't speak to any scoring prowess whatsoever. 


However, on a more positive note they did not lose - regardless of how they ground out that draw , or how dreadful it was to watch - it was not a loss and as such should be celebrated, at least a little.  This puts our boys in a decent place heading into the home leg next Wednesday at BMO Field.  A home town crowd (which will easily outshine the number of fans at the Big O even with the current apathetic mood) and our boys feeling more confident should bring the desired result. 


I know that they first have to get past MeRo & Mike Sanders this weekend but imagine if they again come away with a positive (i.e. not losing) result - suddenly they're on a roll!  Because that is often all it takes; just that one win (or not losing) to spark a team and get them back on the right track.  This has been a roller coaster of a season for us the fans and as John over at Waking The Red put it, "I Hate Myself For Loving You"; well he said "This" but still... As you know I don't usually feel that way, but oh there have been days....I do love my team, I really do, but this season has brought that love/hate feel at times. Or love/utter despondency...whatever version works best for you.


I leave you with my faith pretty much still intact and I'm reposting the song because a) it's awesome and b) it describes our relationship as fans with the team this year perfectly .  I'll post the usual links at the bottom so you can read some recaps from folks that actually watched the game.  See you Saturday!  Be there or be a parallelogram! 


Allez Les Rouges!


Rockin' Links: The Yorkies, Red Nation Online and in case you didn't click the link above John at Waking The Red

No comments:

Post a Comment