Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Time To Make A Little (More) History

Mood: Hopeful, excited, nervous
State of Mind: Envious of my fellow supporters
Location: Currently; TFC Supporter Couch. Later; Sadly, tragically - work


Here we go everyone - tonight's the night that our boys in red have the chance to make history - they've already made history you say? It's true; our beloved TFC are the first Canadian team to progress this far in CCL competition - but the history I'm referring to is beating Santos Laguna (a team that has never won here in Canada) and heading down to the unfriendly locale of Torreon next week with a win.  


If you're shaking your head at me thinking "foolish girl" then you a) never read this blog, b) are far too pessimistic for your own good and c) might be a Santos supporter - b) I can handle (I collect pessimists) but a) & c)? Shoo - off you go; I have better things to do than spar with unbelievers.


We've had a couple of disappointing weeks after the dizzying high of beating Becks and the boys but need I remind you that no one thought they'd win? The same way no one thought they'd beat Dallas last year to advance?  Tonight TFC face possibly their most difficult challenge in all competitions when they take on the Santos Laguna Warriors (or Los Guerreros), the table topping team of the Mexican Primera Division. 


While this is by no means an easy game for our boys it is still a winnable game. Historically TFC have shown well in the home leg in matches like these and I see no reason for tonight to be any different. I'm not going to get into a lot of analysis or doom and gloom talk - there's been enough of that over the past few days. Unfortunately I can't be with you, my fellow supporters tonight - what? I'm not going? Avid supporter that I am? - sadly a work commitment prevents me from attending and cheering my team on.  But I will be cheering my team on while at work (keep those twitter updates coming!) and I know that the rest of you will be there (regardless of weather), decked out in your best TFC gear, in full voice, supporting that team that we love. 


Let's make this happen boys; let's make history again.


COME ON YOU REDS!!


Learned Links: The Yorkies; Waking The Red (JamesDuncan and Dave) and Red Nation Online

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said it better myself. Damn the predictions. Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am confident that our boys can do this! So confident I picked 2-1 for TFC in the WTR "Smarter Than Preki" contest. :)

      Delete